I don’t own a hairdryer and I rarely do anything fancy with my hair (believe it or not!) but the holidays and all the parties they bring inspire me to fancy the ‘do up a bit with some glam curls. I love a good soft wave but these curls feel a bit more retro and romantic. I’ll walk you through these easy steps!
- 3/4 inch Styling Wand
- Light, flexible aerosol hair spray
- Wide tooth comb
- Separate your hair down the middle and secure each side.
- Doing one side at a time, start at the nape of the neck and secure all hair up except for the lowest inch.
- Comb the hair and spray a light coat of hairspray then comb again.
- Using the styling wand, start at the head and wrap the hair around, letting it twist slightly (as opposed to ensuring it wraps flat like typically with a curling iron)
- Work up the head in 1 in rows at a time then repeat on other side
- Spray the curls with another light layer of hair spray
- Comb the curls with the comb slowly starting at the ends and working to the roots, not combing the curls more than 2-3 times to keep them from fluffing out too far
- Create a side part and add another spray of hairspray
It may feel a bit time consuming (my hair takes me about 30-40 minutes) but it’s pretty much impossible to mess up and always looks like you spent twice as long on it!
Do you have